Job Posting OPEN
Reports To: Facilties Director
Summary of Role
Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, web applications & services, servers, email systems, databases, software and hardware. Analyze our current systems and assets, recommend and implement solutions and upgrades, and provide training.
Position Status & Schedule
Full-time, Monday-Friday with a goal of 40 hours worked. Christmas, Easter and Dream Team Appreciation service dates and times are black out days for time off. There may be weekends and events that you are required to work outside of your normal schedule, you will be informed in advance of any of these requirements.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
• Maintain essential IT operations for church’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, implementing and supporting strategic plans
• Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within larger church initiatives
• Work closely with department directors to determine the maintenance and growth needs of the network and service solutions
• Monitor changing network and service technology and deliver technology update each quarter
• Ensure systems and service solutions meet needs and work together seamlessly, using the full range of capabilities, and staying informed about new features and competitive solutions
• Continuously analyze current processes, technologies, and vendors to identify areas of improvement
• Determine the rationale and methods for upgrading networks and software solutions each time an update is released
• Prepare cost benefit analysis reports when upgrades are necessary, continuously analyzing vendors to ensure they offer the best possible service and value for church needs
• Maintains annual system upgrades and databases working with vendors, developing, testing and installing enhancements
• Develop and execute disaster procedures, security measures and maintain backups
• Train staff on both software and hardware, troubleshoot, and provide technical support when needed
• Initiate, coordinate and execute systems, policies and procedures for hardware, software and web services
• Handle business critical IT tasks and systems administration
• Track and report on performance efficiency of software, web services and database systems.
• Administer a variety of database systems including CRM and Sharepoint.
• Audit and track updates needed for SaaS, Database and Web Systems.
• Troubleshoot and correct issues as they arise to ensure smooth functionality of systems.
• Ensure staff and dream team have adequate training in each area of use.
• Mature Christian who calls Celebration Church home and supports the Church’s culture, vision, and values
• Unwavering commitment to place Christ first in all you do
• Desire to ensure people are known, loved, and celebrated
• Continually seeking growth with Christ and encouraging others to do the same
• Passion for excellence, always looking to improve
• Deep understanding of the value in being part of a family that is unified for a greater cause
• Excellent Project Management
• Proven leadership skills
• Able to coordinate events and troubleshoot with vendors for SaaS and local systems
• Experience in IT/Database systesm is preferred.
• Mac OSX, Windows Server and Windows is preferred
• Love for people that involves recruiting and training a Dream Team (volunteers).
Education & Experience
• 5+ years experience in IT management
• Experience working with, recruiting, and leading volunteer teams preferred
Work Environment & Physical Demands
• Able to stand, stoop, kneel, walk and lift (up to 30 pounds)
Celebration Church is an equal employment opportunity employer to the extent required by law applicable to religious institutions. This job description is not inclusive and often includes other responsibilities. Updated: 11/8/2019